Thursday, April 4, 2013

Upside-Down Sconce + Upside-Down Chandelier + Famousness

Hey Jammers! Sorry for not posting yesterday, but here I am today, with the two new items from the April Fools' Party, and, funnily enough, it is no longer April Fools' Day (but the party continues to be updated), and the two new items are upside-down. The two new items are:
The Upside-Down Sconce
...and the Upside-Down Chandelier.

*pic credit to Snowyclaw's Animal Jam Spirit* (there was no party on at the time)

Hmm. Personally, I don't really see the point of these items. Why? Well, there is no "Upside-Down Den," and unless you like your chandeliers on the floor and fire falling out of the sconces, these are kinda one-time only items, for April Fools' Day. Although...that would be a good April Fools' Day joke: Host a party in your den, your  buddies come, and everything is upside-down. >.<

Anyway, time for another little post-talk thingy. This time, on famousness (a made-up word).
*lame statement alert*
There are many famous people around Jamaa. There are also many famous bloggers.
*end lame statement*


For some Jammers, it is their dream to become just as famous as, say, Julian2, WootMoo, etc. They want to have 100 different outfits comprised of all rares, be followed wherever they go by desperate fans, hold flash trading parties in their dens, and much more.
For some Bloggers, it is their dream to be like Snowyclaw: have fun parties, have hundreds of thousands of pageviews, get over 150 comments per post, and have 500+ followers.

Really?
Come on, people.

First, rares should not, although they do, make someone famous. Unless, of course, you were renowned as a Jamaa-famous Sky High player. But, some people, in their desperate attempts to be "rare," resort to hacking and scamming. This is exactly like real life. People murder, cheat, and steal so they will have nice clothes, a lot of money, a good house, etc. (Don't worry- no murder on Animal Jam.)
Even if you became famous (or possible infamous), would you be willing to descend to that level?
Many people (in real life) would, which is why society today is deteriorating. (sorry for the kinda off-topic rant there)

For Bloggers:

*please note that I am not hating on Snowyclaw's blog, I am just using it as an example*
Okay. Pretend that, no matter what I say, you want to have a blog as famous as Animal Jam Spirit.
Now, you get hundreds of followers, thousands of pageviews every day, and all of that "good stuff."
Is it really that good?
Hundreds of followers:  hundreds of people who read your blog on a daily basis, depend on you for AJ updates and contests. They depend on you to be on Animal Jam, answer questions, give interviews (Okay, not really), and so much more. Do you really want all of that?
And, of course, with hundreds of followers comes hundreds of haters. Not to mention the jealousites (ones who are jealous of your popularity), the spamites (ones who spam to get your attention) and second-in-commandites (people who are your stand-in unnoffical, unnapproved comment answer-ers).

Rethinking it much?
Plus, for you non-bloggers who did not know this, all comments are sent to your email. Imagine if your main email (the one you used for blogging and other stuff) had 100+ emails a day. That's one way to slow your computer down...

And, believe it or not, there are a lot of benefits of having a small-time blog, like this one.

  1. You can relate to your followers/readers, because you actually have time to chat on the blog and on Animal Jam. You may even make some new friends! (I know I have)
  2. You don't have to worry about responding to all of the comments. I know that I try to respond to all comments (that require response or agreement), and it would kill me if people asked questions and I didn't answer them. That's just the way I am. ^.^
  3. Not as much pressure. I still feel pressured to post every day, but that is just my personality. :)
  4. No (or not as many)  haters. It's hard to hold a grudge against a tiny little blog with only 15 followers and a couple thousand pageviews. Unless, of course, the blog owner is just looking for trouble by accusing someone famous of hacking, scamming, mean-ness, etc., because they know they will get a lot of comments and pageviews for it.
So, for you bloggers out there dreaming super-big, I just want you to know that I have nothing whatsoever against big blogs, it's just sometimes, you should be careful what you wish for, because it might come true, and you may have more to deal with than you thought you would have. 

Happy Jamming!
~vms915
*new signature coming soon!*

P.S. 
Poll question:
Should I hold a party for 5,000 pageviews when the time comes?
Should I add blog music?
Should I add a "Animal Jam Lingo" page?

11 comments:

  1. Testing...
    1...2...3...
    My name is Rita Skeeter, Daily Prophet reporter...


    ~vms915
    (that's my test phrase :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I hate Rita Skeeter X3

      Anyway, yes, I agree. Plus being rare on AJ makes you more likely to be targeted by scammers and hackers.
      Even me, who ain't that rare (not HALF as rare as WootMoo for instance) gets a whole lot of little people running after me yelling "I'M GOING TO DO --- TO YOU UNLESS YOU GIVE ME YOUR ---"
      It's kinda creepy o.o

      I'd like to have a lot of followers & comments etc but not THAT many O.O

      ~Kinyonga
      P.S You don't HAVE to get your comments sent to your email lol! I don't XD Under settings you can uncheck that box...

      Delete
    2. Owe.

      That would make sense.

      Once again, you prove my ignorance. XD

      Delete
  2. Wow! I agree!! :D
    It's nice when people follow your blog because you feel appreciated, but otherwise, I think a hardly-known blog is nicer. I even have a few private blogs for real-life friends only, and you can imagine how few views they get. (I would let good friends like you look at them if they didn't have my private information on them. Sorry about that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so its bad for me to want people to like my videos, or make videos that people want to watch?
    lexie1234

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, of course not!


      I'm just trying to tell people who want to be super-duper-uber famous what may happen.

      Of course it's not bad for you to want people to like your videos!

      Delete
    2. I guess I'm just trying to say that with great power (in this case, fame) comes responsibility, and there are some (not pointing fingers at anyone) who wish to be famous who need to think about other possibilities, and that those possibilities can be just as good and fun.





      Sigh...
      I don't know...I'm just trying to help out.

      Delete
    3. Or, I am just speaking to the people who want to have a lot of views and followers so they can be famous.
      Not to the people who would like that stuff because it means that people are reading/watching what they made/wrote and that those people appreciate it.

      Delete

Be nice.

Or


Avada Kedavara.


'Nuff said.