Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Animal Jam Blogging: The Basic and the Bold

Hey there fellow Jammers! For the next couple of days, I will be posting some tips, hints, semi-secrets and tricks for making your blog eye-appealing, not to mention to draw in visitors!

I told Alisha Harris a while ago on the Questions page that I would do this, except I forgot. >.< I'm so sorry!!!

I am doing this now, however, so get ready to rock your blog!

Today, let's start with the basics of Animal Jam Blogging. If you are reading this for the detailed little tricks, just wait for a couple of posts. :)

Here are the basics of Animal Jam blogging for daily updates:

  • MECHANICS, MECHANICS, MECHANICS!!!! This is a given for any blog, but I will emphasize it for Animal Jam blogging. Capitalize, punctuate, spell, and grammar-ify correctly! The whole point of  AJUB (Animal Jam Update Blogging) is so that people understand you. it doznt help iff ur sentces look like dis or eeven like dis espeshully like dis. u need to puntshuate corectly so that people ken undurstand u so ur sentces arnt all mashed up like dis. Example of a hard to understand post: hey jammers hows it goin todays new item is the tan carpet what do you think of this item bye jammers!!!!!!!
  • Make your posts longer than a sentence. Any AJUB post can look like this: "Hey Jammers! The new item today is the Tan Carpet! That's all I have time for today, see you Jammers!" Some good ideas for lengthening posts to longer than a sentence are:
      • Find some things of interest around Jamaa. Write a story about it, open it up for discussion, or just point it out.
      • Have contests! Everyone loves a good competition! You don't have to have a fabulous prize to make a contest great! Just make sure the contest is original. Riddle contests, screenshot contests, and story contests are all great ideas!
      • Create comics and funny pictures! Nothing gets a good blog audience involved like a few laughs!
      • Show little things like tips and tricks for blogging/Animal Jam (like what I'm doing now). 
      • Put up guides for player-controlled things, like clans, trading, and adoption.
  • Engage the readers! Some Bloggers complain that they don't get enough comments. Well, to do so, you must add something to the post that will draw in the reader, get the reader to read, and then ask for a response. Things like funny pictures and interesting facts will get readers to respond, but if you can't do that, just add a question into your post. Things like "What do you think of this item?" and "What is your favorite ______?" should trigger responses.
  • If you feel that you are not receiving enough pageviews/followers, be assertive! Go out and put your Animal Jam blog out on the Internet! Visit other blogs and ask if they will mention your blog, or even just ask if your blog can go on their blog list, if they have one. However you do it, just find the right people who will be kind enough to share your blog with the world.
  • Last but not least, BE YOURSELF! Sure, you can look at other blogs for ideas of how to structure your posts, etc., but when it comes down to it, have your own, unique personality. Be as  spunky, vivacious, funny, and as you as you can possibly be. Be yourself, and you will find that you fit right it in the blogging world!
I hope you find those tips useful! More are coming either tomorrow or in two days. I will put these up on a page, so you can read them all together. Things that are coming soon:
  • Managing your template
  • Boosting stats
  • HTML decorating
  • More!

Happy blogging!
~vms915

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Agreed, peevish sister! ^.^

      Vms...do you think my blog all of those? ^.^

      Delete
    2. Thanks!


      And...
      Yep! Of course! I <3 your blog! It's so....distinct. I mean that in a good way, of course. ^.^

      Delete
    3. Kinyonga :3 can chi add meh? It's ok if you can't :3
      Lexie1234

      Delete
    4. Chu*
      Lexie1234

      Delete
    5. hey guys my user is sorren88 apparently i got hacked i dont know if i had to say these but i want to tell my story to everybody ok this it how it started one day i was doing my daily routine i was swapping my blue bow for a black one then the screen got black and there was a writing in the middle it says you have been logged out then when i logged in again all my rares were gone so if this account scam you that was not me and when i tryed to login again it was suspended .I cried for weeks and weeks because girls are emotional. so im going to make a new one my user is xXproudtobepinoyXx so if your reading this add me or just please share this story i wish the hacker wont hack anyone else.

      Delete
  2. Cool! I am updating my own blog animaljamfrombehindthescenes.blogspot.com now and this will be a great help since i have done it for a year and i have only had 4 comments ever and 2 followers, me and my sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blog check it out on Fridays(I am a weekly blogger) I say what I think about about the probs in aj anyway I am making a website that will be like aj but free. and you don't drown. and if you meet me the alpha, I all give u a code and u can reuse em! cool eh! Any who the site address will be revealed Friday. Thx
    ~mekale
    PS the currency is called rubies or RB for short

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey its me go to this blog: Animaljamspotlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.

Or


Avada Kedavara.


'Nuff said.