Monday, September 9, 2013

Faces, Faces, Faces!

There are many faces, used by people all over Blogga and Jamaa.
Everything from

XD

to

>:(

For bloggers, faces can spice up your posts and comments (that you leave on others' blogs) by adding emotion, and can help you better connect with your readers!
Not to mention using the right punctuation at the right time.

As in, knowing when to use exclamation marks, etc.


Example:

Blah: I absolutely love that picture of Mr. Q. It is awesome.
Better: I absolutely love that picture of Mr. Q! It's awesome!
Best:  I absolutely love that picture of Mr. Q! It's awesome! :D

Just for the fun of it, I made a chart of all of the faces and their general meanings, as well as some of my own invention/making (they could be made by others first, by I just hadn't noticed :P)


To show happiness:
:D
:)
^.^

To show amusement:
:D
XD
:P
:3
X3

To show silliness or derpiness:
:D
:P
X3
:3
:B

To show self error or derpiness:
>.<

To show a mixture of self error and derpiness:
>.@
@.<
*.*

To show "I said the wrong thing":
:X
:x
:K

To show amazement/wonder:
O.O
o.o
O.o
:O
:0
XO
*.*

To show evilness:
>:)
>:D

To show sadness:
D:
:(
:,(
DX
These should probably be used sparingly, because they tend to have a negative connotation.
To show anger:
>:(
D:<

To show "Not amused/impressed":
:/
:\
:|
.-.
-.-
'-'
"-"
`-`
;_;
,-,
:L
:T
:I

To show "Whatever":
~.~
>.>
<.<


Just remember: Know when to use the right face at the right time!
Believe me, nothing is more irritating than when you're on Animal Jam, and someone is ending every sentence with "-.-" or ".-." and acting superior to you.
Example: Me (I'm an NM): "Can I ask you something?"
Other person (a member): "Fine -.-"
Me: "Do you like rares?"
Other person: "Of course -.-"

It gets kinda obnoxious after a while...




Happy facing!

~Quinn

6 comments:

  1. Lol, is it annoying when I go like o-o after a lot of sentences?


    Anyway, sorry about not commenting and stuffz.. I was "grounded"*

    *more like no computer, phone, DS, TV, Xbox, Wii, and such of the sort because our house is so tiny, if I where to be grounded it'd be like you didn't want me to do anything with my life. Because i'd be stuck in a small room...*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! :)

      It's fine, I understand! :)
      I'm sorry about your grounding! D:

      Delete
    2. Aww, it's nothing to be sorry about. I got upset at my parents, no biggy. But as you know, AJ is grounding me!


      WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME?!

      Delete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly about that. X'D

    I only think less of a person when they use those faces excessively...

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.

Or


Avada Kedavara.


'Nuff said.